21 March 2009

It's Friday, I'm In Love

tUMD 3, Stalock-wannabe's team 0

Dear Brad Eidsness,
You are not Stalock and never will be.
Love,
RWD
p.s. Thanks for the SHGWG!!!!!

Oh you guys. I am so happy. So incredibly happy. It does not matter that I am going to fail a test in 7 hours. I will still pass the class. I think. Yes. I hope. Maybe. Ee.

I had a thousand and one heart attacks during this game. It matters not. tUMD is going to play for a Broadmoor and they are going to the Little Dance. Hockey is extended for another weekend. I am so happy. I'm just not ready to let my seniors go and they are not ready either.

Again, really can't recap as I might try to get a few hours of sleep. I am going to post my motivational speech since I will not have the chance tomorrow.

Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the WCHA. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Pioneers have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.

Herb Brooks in Miracle

The Numbers
Playoff wins until we equal last season's total: +4!

My Guys
MacGregor Sharp: 44! (Simply amazing.)
Jack Connolly: 27
Michael Gergen: 16
Rob Bordson: 0

Freshmen
Mike Connolly: 35! (ENG!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Jack Connolly: 27
Travis Oleksuk: 3
Scott Kishel: 2
Brady Lamb: 1 (But was a naughty boy tonight... eek!)
David Grun: 0

On Notice
Rob Bordson
Andrew Carroll
Cody Danberg
Trent Palm
Kyle Schmidt

Goals Only
Drew Akins
Jay Cascalenda
Evan Oberg
Alex Stalock

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes thank you Eidness for the SHGWG! VERY WELL PUT! This game was killing me! I was so stressed!

Anonymous said...

From GQ Rob: I have a great photo of Bob and Stu with Scott. Do you have a Facebook link so I can get a copy to you, Bob or Stu? Search "Rob Aitken" on FB.

DC said...

Rob, I added you as a friend. SEE YOU TONIGHT!!!!!! GO BULLDOGS!!! But... why are you awake?

Anonymous said...

Awesome Rob. I'll need that photo of Scotty Gopher in his shiny UMD jersey. Priceless!

Donald Dunlop said...

Good luck on your test!

Highway 2 and 35 said...

Damn, but at the same time, Congrats to the Bulldogs, RWD and all her friends. What can I guy do, but eat some humble pie and get ready for the next test, so to speak. I only got the radio call in CO and it sounded really bad from NoDak's perspective. We sounded like the ND Inept and not the ND Fighting Sioux. All, see you in the dance.

vizoroo said...

Dear RWD,
It is a sad state of affairs when I can no longer cheer for MacGregor Sharp. But, that time has come.

It is destiny.
The Pioneers will dull the Sharp one, make the Connolly's score with the same effectiveness of yesterday's Connelly's saves and the Chevy will be driving the Broadmoor home to Denver for another year.

Your friend,
vizoroo

vizoroo said...

Congrats to UMD!
MacGregor Sharp was supposed to get his Hat Trick LAST night, not against the Pioneers.

Anonymous said...

Sexy Brady had better have his head on a swivel next season. Kneeding...cheapest penalty in Hockey..can potentially end a career. Nothing but a PUNK.

DC said...

Dear Anonymous,

I'm not sure if you are the same anonymous as the one who posted on "The Way We Were," but it would behoove you to read that post and understand what actually occurred during the play in question.

Sincerely,
RWD