08 October 2006

Bookkeeping

Just a few tidbits of interest:

First, I lost my birthday list, and so I was remiss in wishing some 'Dogs Happy Birthday.
So, major apologies, a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday," and some Irish Car Bombs* to
Jordan Fulton (19 on 12 September)
Mason Raymond (21 on 17 September)
MacGregor Sharp (21 on 1 October)
Mike Curry (22 on 20 September) (I know, I know, how could I have missed Mike's birthday??? I'm lame.)

*for those of age, of course

Second, since I like having countdowns and things, I announce the following:
Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total (current value = 26)
and
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total (current value = 11)
Exhibition games will not be counted. Duh.

Third, we will be having a competition between my "guys," the RWD favorites on the team, to see who gets the most points. Again, exhibition games will not count, although I considered counting them, since Mike Curry already has a point. The winner gets nothing, except the satisfaction of simultaneously getting lots of points and getting liked by me. This is a little similar to the B.O.D. at Bat-Girl, although not really, since it's only between players and not members of this site. It's also a lot more positive than the Hater Report, although that was for other WCHA teams. No 'Dogs were at any time on the Hater Report.
The competitors are:
Michael Gergen
Matt McKnight
Matt Niskanen
Mike Curry

Huh. 4 guys, 2 names. Weird. Now, points are accumulated by getting goals and assists (big surprise!), so I realize this might put a few people at somewhat of a disadvantage. The point really isn't winning, though. The point is, these are my favorite 'Dogs, and it's an honor just to be nominated.

Fourth, there will be some sort of Hottie Preview for the WCHA this year. Team by team analysis of what's going on so far. Note that Hotties are selected by their roster photo ONLY, unless evidence to the contrary is submitted. (Those of you lobbying for R.J. or Staffy could have helped their cases that way.) Look for the 'Dogs Hottie Preview soon.

That will be all. I must return to work on the Top Secret Off-Season Project, which has continued into the actual season.

1 comment:

LetsGoMavs said...

YEA! I look forward to your hottie preview. Of course, I don't have to lobby for RJ Linder...just look at his pic...he's hot as heck! The rest of our team needs some help though...quite a few fell off the ugly tree.