20 October 2006

Hail Communist Overlords!

Hello all you Bucky fans coming over here to check out the site. Hope you brought your sense of humor!

Tonight's game ended in a tie, which is pretty sweet for us, considering I'm pretty sure the Red Army thought we'd be a joke. It's tough to win a Saturday game on the road, but I think we're in a pretty good position to steal another point or two.

Sadly, our totalitarian domination on the power play wasn't so hot tonight, although we did get one power play goal tonight. AND NO SHORTHANDED GOALS. That's key. We were also the only team to score at even strength. Let's not discuss the PK. Or the fact we kept negating our power plays.

Bruce Ciskie's Stars of the Game:
#3 Andrew Joudrey
#2 Mason Raymond
#1 Alex Stalock (but I've heard "Shot Save Puck Still Loose" FAR TOO OFTEN, homeslice!)

I like announcers that give both teams stars of the game... unlike certain announcers in the Twin Cities Metro Area.

Now, for the Numbers:

Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 25
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: still hangin' on at 11

My "Guys" Competition:
Matt Niskanen: 7
Etc.: 0

Freshmen Competition:
Fulton: 2
Akins: 1
Stalock: 1
And The Rest: 0

I want to see some freshmen on the scoreboard tomorrow for the 'Dogs! I also hope to see Logan Gorsalitz on the Curry line for the 'Dogs tomorrow.

And as for my "guys," you're letting Nisky run away with the field! Let's step it up! And hey, that goes for the rest of you. You don't have to be one of my "guys" to be a rock star. In the grand scheme of things, you're all my "guys".

Beat the Red Menace!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thank you tUMD Penalty Box/tBeersong for the image.

1 comment:

Donald Dunlop said...

Testify!!

I think Bucky is a little bit vulnerable after UND beat em up last weekend. Your 'dogs might come away with more than just one point this weekend.