24 November 2007

Split Second

tUMD 4, Chicken Dancers 2

I think the chicken dance contest should have been between the teams. That would have been sweet.

It's not normal for me to do two game recaps in the same day, as I usually like to have them done right after games, but yesterday I was very, very tired. I worked at 6:00 yesterday morning, so I was totally beat by the time the game was over. I hate working retail. Does anyone out there want to give me a job? My qualifications include: super genius, brilliant at everything, outstanding writer, and superb comic timing.

Still, it's weird to write this recap. I feel like I just wrote it.

I'm much happier to write this recap, that's for darn sure! tDogs played better hockey tonight, and it sounds like the defencemen certainly stepped it up. Alex Stalock was on his game, and luck was on our side. Really, we didn't just win this game through hard work and skill, but no one does. The 3rd goal, a fluke from center ice that just hopped the stick of JPL, sort of cancelled out UND's 3rd goal last night, a goal attributed to Brad Miller, who wasn't even on the ice when the puck crossed the line. It's just nice to get the bounces sometimes.

PP was not good. Mike Curry was on the PK, though!

Other things happened. I don't know. The game wasn't on B2, so I wasn't able to watch. I am certainly proud of the Dogs, though. Losing 8-3 can be demoralizing, but they came back ready to win. That was our first win in North Dakota since it joined the United States in 1889.

On a poor note, WCHA teams weren't so strong in non-conference series this weekend. Come on, you guys, we need you to win to help our PWR! Because we're actually relevant this year! Yeah 'Dogs!!

Next on the chopping block: Mankato. Look for the first Gauntlet in quite awhile! Also, I hope to see Andrew Carroll back soon!

THE NUMBERS
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 3! (Should be surpassed by winter break!)
Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 9!

My Guys:
MacGregor Sharp: 8!
Matt McKnight: 7!
Michael Gergen: 6 (The only one of My Guys not to score, but he had a point last night!)
Mike Curry: 2!

Freshmen:
Justin Fontaine: 3
Cody Danberg: 2!
Rob Bordson: 1
Kyle Schmidt: 1
Mike Montgomery: 1
Chad Huttel: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evan Oberg: 0 (INJ, and will CERTAINLY be getting points when he gets back!)

On Notice:
Points
Evan Oberg
Jay Cascalenda
Andrew Carroll
Matt Greer
Jordan Fulton

Goals only
Jason Garrison
Travis Gawryletz
Alex Stalock
Trent Palm
Justin Fontaine
Cody Danberg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don;t think my E-mail got thru. Give me a break, two (stupid) turnovers right in front of Staylock resulting in two goals! Somebody should be run out of town, maybe two!!
Gramp C.