17 November 2007

Give Up The Funk

Well, at least it wasn't a 0-0 tie. Jeez. That was a rough game to sit through, and normally I am very pumped about hockey. BUT, I can't get pumped about hockey when there are so many icings, there IS no hockey! It was a total joke. If I were a student section leader, I'd be chanting "No More Icings!" I'd also be chanting "Painkillers, Painkillers!" at Teslak.

The power play. Oh man. It's not good. We had better scoring chances shorthanded. And weird people are being put out on the power play. Do we even have power play units, or do we just jumble up the lines and still play just about everyone on the team? I won't name names here, because I do love my Bulldogs, but seriously, there are people out there on the power play who SHOULD NOT BE ON THE POWER PLAY. I would not have been surprised to see Nate Ziegelmann on the point. Jeez.

Observation of the night
"What did Sandelin say to the WCHA to make us deserve not one Shepherd, but two? Is Greg in the pressbox watching?" -DHG

Quotation of the night
"Minor penalty charged to Michigan Tech's #4, Mark Malekoff, 2 minutes for cross-dressing." -Howie

I'm hoping that tonight tDogs will get a fatty-boom-batty W, with Mike Curry and Rob Bordson in the lineup, each pledging to score a goal for me! At the Bulldog Club lunch yesterday, I was going to ask Coach Sandelin about Curry, but I lost the nerve during the Q&A portion (of which there were no Qs, and thus no As, about anything), and then when he was done talking, he was busy talking to the mayor or something. I did eat 2 helpings of the buffet, which was awesome. It was sort of weird being there, as everyone else there was a businessman or a senior citizen.

THE NUMBERS
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 5
Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 13!

My Guys:
MacGregor Sharp: 6!
Matt McKnight: 4 (A couple of good chances, though)
Michael Gergen: 4!
Mike Curry: 1 (Would be adding a hat trick if he'd been playing!)

Freshmen:
Justin Fontaine: 3
Cody Danberg: 1
Rob Bordson: 1
Everyone else: 0

On Notice:
Points
Travis Gawryletz
Alex Stalock
Evan Oberg
Trent Palm
Kyle Schmidt
Jay Cascalenda
Andrew Carroll

Goals only
Drew Akins
Cody Danberg
Nick Kemp
Jason Garrison

No comments: