03 December 2006

All Jacked Up!

A win! A palpable win! A sweet, convincing, awesome, amazing win!

First, let's talk about last night. I was less than pleased, and also had to work early this morning (and somehow ended up at work for 10 hours), so I didn't want to say too much. However, Mike Curry's make-the-opponents-puke garbage goal was totally sweet. And Stalock had some killer saves that kept us in the game. Also, I got to watch the game through the UAA video feed, which was superb.

Now, onto tonight. What rocked about tonight?
*Winning!
*Winning on the road!
*Scoring 7 goals!
*Stalock, Stalock!
*MIKE CURRY'S 3 ASSISTS (including one where he was falling over)!
*SlumpBuster McGregor's shorthanded breakaway!
*50% on the PP!
*Jeff McFarland's goal WAS THE GAME WINNER!
*Andrew Carroll's first goal of the year!
*Michael Gergen's offensive onslaught!
*MASON RAYMOND!
*Winning every period!
*Breaking the game open in the 3rd period!
*My Norm Maciver throwback!
*The UAA video feed!
*The ARGO! and the naughty Santa commercials!

Numbers
Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 20 (finally!!! updating!!!)
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 9 (finally!!! yes!!! a win!!! not just a tie!!!)

My "Guys" Competition:
Matt Niskanen: 12
Michael Gergen: 8
Mike Curry: 7 (3 POINT NIGHT)
Jason Garrison: 2
Matt McKnight: 2

Freshmen Competition:
Fulton: 6
Akins: 5
Detroit Wheels: 2
Gorsalitz: 2
Stalock: 2
Palm: 1
C. Ryan: 0

Prediction: Mike Curry's going to go all Marco Peluso and rock these next 2 years.

12 comments:

LetsGoMavs said...

Congrats on the win. Good for you..bad for us. I hate being all alone at the bottom:(

Did you decide if you're going to make the trek to Kato yet?

DC said...

I caaaaaan't, it's just too hard to get away from work in December.

I do have 1 road trip for January and 1 for February planned, though. Very sweet.

LetsGoMavs said...

You're going to miss out BIG TIME! It'll be a good series and fun time in Kato (not to mention the cheap alcohol all over town AND at the arena). Plus, I got the inside scoop that Minnesota's favorite Canadian MVP is coming to the game:)

For my sake, I hope he brings his roommate with:)

Anonymous said...

They didn't really win every period. They actually were outplayed. Maybe not outscored, but definately outplayed. UAA walked all over the bulldogs in the first period. They just didn't get anything in the net.

Congrats on the win, and congrats on good goaltending. I think it would have been a much better game to watch if UAA had even been in the same arena. By the third period they had already mentally left, and I think Lawson was gone all weekend.

Anonymous said...

Donna

Umm, how is Curry going to rock the next 2 years? He is a senior.

Thanks

DHG

Anonymous said...

UMD had a vicious checking from behind that didn't even result in a penalty, and a horrible blatant spearing that resulted in 2 minutes. Bad form.

DC said...

Anon @ 3:50: I was specifically referring to the score when I said "winning all 3 periods."

DHG: Curry is listed as a junior, he is the same class as McKnight and Growler... unless he has 3 yrs of eligibility, but then wouldn't he be listed as a senior?

Anon @ 4:18: I flogged myself with a switch, are you satisfied?
That's what Donald's here to write about.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what my purpose here was.

DC said...

I hope you didn't take that to mean your purpose here was to write about me flogging myself with a switch.

Anonymous said...

I just want my beard touched...

Anonymous said...

I think its time for the elves...all the elves to go to bed

DC said...

Hey now, RWD does not just go around touching beards at random.

I do touch beards in exchange for Argos, though.