16 December 2006

Sub-Basement D

I am really, really reluctant to post at all. I just don't want to.

A guy whose name sounds like "Mall Rat" scored the first goal of the night.

I am very, very, very sad for my Guy, Matt Niskanen. Remember the rules, that my Guys are NOT ELIGIBLE for the HSWCHA (Humane Society of the WCHA). That's part of the benefits of being one of the Guys. Another benefit is, I'm nice to them. So I extended this invitation to Nisky on tPenalty Box: "Nisky can come to my house and listen to the game tomorrow. I'll make him dinner and we can eat a whole carton of ice cream and watch The Mighty Ducks and Slap Shot and Miracle and he'll feel better." Sounds like a plan. The boys who were naughty in Alaska had a good time when they came over here during the Yale series.

We have a fake Christmas tree, which I dislike on principle, but it is also cheap and crappy and still got needles all over the place. I THOUGHT THAT WAS PART OF THE REASON YOU GOT A FAKE TREE: NO NEEDLES EVERYWHERE.

My avatar at tPB is now a very tiny picture of Mike Curry. I like it.

We got a goal by crashing the net, and it was not waved off. I love it! RWD hearts garbage goals.

19 penalties in a game is a little excessive. And that's JUST how the Mavs want it.

Blogger needs to stop harrassing me to change to their stupid beta thing. I will do it when I'm good and ready. Leave me alone.

Johnson played fairly well. Only gave up 3 goals, and seriously, how was he supposed to anticipate that 3rd one? What if Johnson stole us some games like Ziggy did last year?

If we do finish the league in Sub-Basement D, where we currently reside, then we could pull off a Holy Cross on the Gophers. Then Bruce Ciskie could make the "Do you believe in miracles?" call like those HC radio kids did.

*Sigh* Let's hope for a split.

Numbers
Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 20
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 9

My "Guys" Competition:
Matt Niskanen: 17 (+1 for Mankato)
Mike Curry: 8
Michael Gergen: 8
Jason Garrison: 2 (not playing! Hurt again!)
Matt McKnight: 2 (BACK IN ACTION!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!)

Freshmen Competition:
Akins: 8
Fulton: 6
Detroit Wheels: 3 (needs to play again!)
Gorsalitz: 2 (ditto)
Stalock: 2
Palm: 1
C. Ryan: 0 (in the lineup tomorrow?)

3 comments:

LetsGoMavs said...

Kael's name doesn't just sound like "mall rat" that's how it's pronounced! SWEET!

I don't have much to say on the UMD goal..other than it was generous, because it didn't look like a goal and the goal was off..but whatever. I wasn't right there to see it (opposite end of the rink).

Sucks for you that your own guy scored on you..but funny for us! Good idea on him coming over to eat ice cream. I'm sure he'll take you up on your offer. Funny thing is, just as it happened the kid next to me was saying he played against him last year in high school...and then BAM! I thought #15 was going to kick his OWN ass. Poor kid.

Johnson saved your team big time. They owe him!! Your boys didn't seem impressed with the student section chanting "pull your johnson" for the last couple of minutes and then when they did it was "where's your johnson". Your boys looked quite annoyed. Funny! Our student section gets nastier than most. In fact, they started playing a public service announcement asking fans to be more "clean".

Stafford T said...

they used to call kael the rat when he plied his trade up here in the colder climbs of the alberta junior hockey league.

LetsGoMavs said...

Yep, they call Kael "rat" here too. I did an interview with one of the goalies last week and that's what he said. He's a good player...I think we'll see good things out of him in the future. I personally think his name rocks!