02 January 2010

The Tipping Point

tUMD 6, Sad Pandas 0

This season is either going to take off or crash and burn. I don't know which. But what I do know is that a game against a somewhat insignificant opponent (no offense, Mercyhurst, but let's be honest) gave the Bulldogs an opportunity to put the little things together. Little things that separate the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff, etc.

Kenny Reiter had a great game. He still wandered, but with a purpose. He'd had an even longer break than the rest of the guys, as Hjelle played both Denver games and Kenny's last game was against UND, which left a lot of us with that not-so-fresh feeling.

The penalty kill was 6 for 6, including a 5 on 3, and Brady Lamb had a shorthanded goal.

Only 6 skaters did not register a point. Scoring was balanced, with every line and every defensive pairing getting at least an assist.

The second period was the best period. tUMD scored three goals in the 2nd, one in the first, and two in the second. Could it be the second period abomination is a thing of the past? Please say yes!

I hate that I'm not in Vermont right now. Last year's road trip to the Shillelagh tournament was one of my favorites. We had the run of the arena, and it was pretty obvious from the B2 feed that we would have again. I think if I yelled the entire state of Vermont would have heard me. I could have caused an avalanche.

In case you don't know, the Dogs will be playing Vermont tomorrow at 6:05 Central. Vermont squeaked by Huntsville 4-3. If you want updates, don't forget, I'm on Twitter!

Numbers
Wins until we reach last season's total: 2 (NONCON)
Points until we reach last season's total: 10 (NONCON)

My Guys
Jack Connolly: 27!
Brady Lamb: 10!
Mike Seidel: 8

Freshmen
Dylan Olsen: 9
Mike Seidel: 8
Wade Bergman: 2
Keegan Flaherty: 2
Dan Delisle: 1
Jake Hendrickson: 1
Drew Olson: 1

Connollys
Jacky: 27!
Mikey: 20!

Olsen/Olson
Drew: 1
Dylan: 9

Drews
Olson: 10
Akins: 15

On Notice
Dan Delisle
Keegan Flaherty
Drew Olson

Goals Only
Jordan Fulton
Chad Huttel
Scott Kishel
Mike Montgomery
Dylan Olsen
Mike Seidel

No comments: