09 October 2008

Logic

My friends, are you ready? Because the season is here. The real games that count, I mean. These games are going to set the tone for the season. Which means, for those of you who have maybe had a few too many concussions, WIN. Do I make myself clear?

I expect us to score no less than 2 goals per game. I'm trying to be a little bit lenient here since we can't really judge our offensive firepower by one game against some geezers from Canada playing their 3rd game in as many days. I also expect our Crappy Chokers Hockey Association to score no more than 2 goals per game. And, as Dick Bremer says, by my Minnesota high school math (or my University of Illinois College of Engineering math):

If: OurGoals > 2 & TheirGoals < 2 Then: OurGoals > TheirGoals, which == WE WIN.

4 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

If they really do call the rules tighter every team is going to have to score MORE than 2 goals per game. Probably more like 3 goals per game, even with a goalie like Stalock (I hope I spelled that right)...

Anonymous said...

Thats a pretty genius math equation you have there. Did you learn that from "Hooked on Phonics, the Math Edition"? :D FHG

Anonymous said...

Goon, I'm so proud of you! There were NO spelling errors in that comment!

FHG, I'm surprised you were able to understand the math.

Eric J. Burton said...

RWD, it was all me. Did you theory work yet? Seems you need three to win as my team proved the theory right both times.