24 April 2008

Houghton, Day Three: Revenge of the Sith

Since I'm still convalescing at home (yes, I'm really that sick and miserable!), I'm going to round up the weekend before my fever boils my brain. Exciting!

Sunday morning was a lot better than you think. After I was able to pry myself out of bed, I went downstairs to survey the damage, and found it minimal. Even though the "no shoes" rule was broken by the team when they arrived (though some of them kindly did obey the "no pants" rule), the floor was fortunately free of puddles of vomit. There was an unholy stench coming from the laundry room, but we got to the bottom of that pretty quickly (well, all of us except Angela).

MEg, the VP, Covert Brian and I attempted a repeat breakfast at Suomi, but it was already closed. Then we walked down to tAmbassador to have some pizza, and it wasn't open yet. MEg said this was revenge for Grandma's being closed, which is hardly my fault, though I did laugh really hard at her misfortune. We finally ended up at a Chinese restaurant, which had tasty food but rather odd service. The young man who was helping us must have been in training, because the couple who I assume owned the restaurant felt the need to correct every single move he made, from pouring the water to trying to steal my sweet and sour soup before I was done with it, to making sure we all got lemons in our water, including the VP, who had previously removed his lemon and dropped it in MEg's water. I guess lemons are just too metrosexual for the VP.

Sadly, I had to hit the road and return to the real world, where I am not a full-time college student and I don't live in an absolutely gorgeous town in Almost Canada, MI. A world where I had a long, lonely drive ahead of me. I rolled with the windows down for most of the drive, excepting a stretch of Wisconsin that got foggy and cold. Toward the end of the drive, I started to get pretty freaking tired, but I made it.

And now you know the rest of the story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You missed out on a lot sunday morning... Bacon and eggs, Kolbus puking, and Bill and I cleaning