03 December 2004

This Is A Test, This Is Only A Test...

Only a test? Who am I kidding??? This is THE test, the yardstick to see where we measure up this season.

A win at Wisconsin will be a step in the right direction.

A s-s-s-sweep at Wisconsin (though very improbable) would be amazing.

My uncle told me I expect too much out of these puppies. "You've got to have a Twins attitude," he told me. I bow to his wisdom. "If you're there, they won't dare lose." And I will be there, tomorrow night! My first game of the season (too long in coming, if you ask me!) and it's going to be a tough one. Last year, under my watchful eyes, the 'Dogs were 2-0-1. (I didn't go to a lot of games.) Last year, I taunted the fans at the Kohl Center. This year I will sit there in my borrowed jersey (please please buy me one for Christmas? Youth XL) a bit more demurely. I am older and wiser, I have seen what should have been the season of 'Dogs fans' dreams crumble before it began, and I have witnessed the horribleness of Wisconsin fans.

I want to see you win tomorrow, boys. I want to hear you win tonight. Get out there and forget about the Catamounts (we'll never figure out what they are), forget about the Underwolves, and just kick some Bucky ass.

No comments: