26 January 2011

Tom Miller is My Hero (And Other Stories)

ZOMG! All-Star week AND tUMD off-week! What's a girl to do? Well, I'm going to play some hockey, but first I shall make fun of others!

First, UND fans. I know, I know. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. It's almost too easy. Also they are like cannibals over there, eating their own. Today, though, the Grand Forks Herald's Tom Miller wrote a hilarious column about how Sioux fans are ready to jump off a cliff (after traveling to another state to locate said cliff) because they have lost a few games.

I just have one issue with the article. Miller writes:
The online message board Siouxsports.com even saw its legendary and laughable “Fire head coach Dave Hakstol” thread re-emerge. It’s five pages of babble and counting.

Tom, come on. Be serious. It's five thousand pages of babble and counting.

Next up, My Jacky. Okay, I'm not actually going to make fun of him. I am just going to point out that he is blogging over at tUMD's website.

So far he's got three posts, and while they are a good start, there's nothing on there other than the movies they watched on the bus that we could not read in a beat writer's blog or newspaper article. (Well, you could, I could not because of the boycott, which is going well, thank you.) I don't know about other fans' opinions, but I can't imagine they differ much from mine, and I would like to see more behind-the-scenes information. The best parts about Drew Akins's blog last year were his little jokes about his teammates or his little insights into his quotidian life as a hockey player. So, more of that! However, if I see that he starts writing about hotties and interviewing opposing fans in a humorous manner, I'm coming after him!

It seems like there should be a third topic here but there is not. I'm trying to avoid stressing about the upcoming Gopher series. Someone asked me if there would be a Gauntlet and I don't think so. Brent sort of ruined it for everyone else. I will probably do a story on Gopher fans and Bulldog fans skating together arm and arm in harmony at AA or something.

2 comments:

NapsTheMasher said...

Tom Miller is my roommate. And my hero too.

DC said...

That should make your hero-worship convenient! Excellent planning.