19 March 2010

Soliloquy

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from game to game
To the last syllable of recorded play,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief goal light!
Hockey's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the ice
And then is heard no more: it is a blog
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

-Macbeth, Act V Scene V



Well, I don't know what to say. We don't know if this is the end of the season or not, for sure, but I feel like it is. We'll never see Akins, Fulton, Chase Ryan, Palm (though he is eligible for a red-shirt) and most likely others in a Bulldog jersey again. I can't be critical of anyone tonight because... because I just can't. I don't want to. I mean, really, what's the point? They won home ice. They made it to the Final Five. I'd say I'm satisfied with the season.

But one thing about tonight's game: Kenny was AMAZING.

Oh, and I rode the Zamboni, which was so incredibly cool and exhilarating and I wish it had been a good omen for the team.

3 comments:

Hextall for Hobey said...

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." :-)

I think we got the mojo back now, you guy's had it there for a little bit.

Looking forward to seeing the new rinks next year in Duluth and Bemidji. Things should be even tighter with the Beavers and Omaha.

vizoroo said...

You got to ride the Zamboni!!!

How did you manage that?

DC said...

H4H, glad to have you as a reader.

Viz, by dressing up like a freakshow.