12 January 2008

Wild Mood Swings

Okay. We're all a little frazzled here, so let me start things off with a joke:

Q: What's the difference between RWD and Britney Spears?
A: I'm only bipolar during hockey games.

Whatever. Let me just say that I had an entirely different post written in my head (because I'm always thinking of you guys and how I can make your reading experiences better!) when the score was 3-1, in which I proclaimed the highlight of the night to be the footlong porketta dog I devoured between the 2nd and 3rd periods, after commiserating with DHG about the game. I may have said something like "I can't believe I drove up here for this!" and he may have sarcastically reminded me I was there for the "comeback." But that was then.

THIS IS NOW. I'm ELATED. I'm SO proud of my guys for finding a way to win this game. It was exhilarating to watch, although I'd prefer if the effort had been a little more consistent. No matter. I believe that good teams find ways to win, and that we could very well be a good team. Not a great team, that's for next year (when our freshmen rock harder than they have ever rocked before), but a good team that finishes in the top half of the league and shows up in St. Paul come March. Let's get a sweep at home, boys, and get on a roll. Oh, and maybe a few more power play goals?

THE NUMBERS
Wins Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 2 (Great job, guys!)
Points Until We Surpass Last Year's Total: 5 (Yay!)

My Guys:
Matt McKnight: 11 (Had a really good chance though!)
MacGregor Sharp: 11
Michael Gergen: 10! (PASS THE PUCK MORE!)
Mike Curry: 2 (Prob. going to stay that way...)

Freshmen:
Justin Fontaine: 7!
Cody Danberg: 5! (My hero!)
Kyle Schmidt: 5! (W00t!)
Rob Bordson: 3!
Mike Montgomery: 1
Chad Huttel: 1
Evan Oberg: 0 (WELCOME BACK, BABY!!!!)

On Notice:
Points
Evan Oberg
Jay Cascalenda
Matt Greer
Alex Stalock
Drew Akins
Mike Curry
Matt McKnight

Goals only
Josh Meyers
Trent Palm
Travis Gawryletz
Jason Garrison
Andrew Carroll

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy was not amused by the officiating of this game!! What happened??

DC said...

Umm... Mavericks being Mavericks? :^D

I'm not an expert on officiating, so I'm not going to comment. I don't feel that officiating ever directly affected the outcome of the game. I believe there was a specific penalty in question that I didn't see but Amy probably saw better, as it was down at the other end of the rink, and my view was obstructed.

I'm sure she'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to give you the specifics. I'm just not as observant as I should be. The stress usually makes me flail wildly and not know what is going on.