08 October 2010

All Over But the Shouting

LSSU 6, Some Team I Don't Even Recognize 6

Oh yes, there shall be shouting. Preferably not just from me. Derek Plante, get that larynx warmed up.

I didn't watch or listen to this game because I was at work for two periods and couldn't get the newfangled interwebs to broadcast it. Thus I have some difficulty here in dissecting exactly what happened. But, someone had blundered. (Theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die.)

So, Kenny was stormed at with shot and shell, our top three boldly rode and well, and the entire game I was in hell.

Am I an idiot for wishing this was a 1-1 tie where our goaltending was sharp and our scorers just hadn't clicked yet? Is this at all weird? Because I'd be frustrated with our scorers, but not terrified that they'd never score a goal again. Whereas... well, never mind that. It is one game, no matter what I said on Twitter. That's visceral stream-of-consciousness stuff.

So my sports depression continues. 2 Twins losses, 2 Wild losses, and now this, which is not a loss but feels that way.

Bright spot of the game? Kyle Schmidt. He always gets a goal when we are in our most desperate situations. Oh and my cute little elf Benny Royer from MTU scored 2 goals, including the OTGWG.

Numbers (!!!!)
Wins until we reach last season's total: 16 (practice run)
Points until we reach last season's total: 33 (doooo it)

My Guys
Jack Connolly: 2!!!! (Including a shorty from my favorite shorty!!!)
Mike Seidel: 1!!!!!!! (So very timely!)
Etc: Zippy

Freshmen
Everyone: Zoot

Connollys
Mikey: 3!!!!!!!!
Jacky: 2!!!!!!!!

Olsen/Olson
Dylan: 2
Drew: 0

Dan/Drew
Olson: 4
DeLisle: 0

On Notice/Goals Only
Nobody (lucky for you guys!!!)

No comments: