02 March 2008

Accentuating The Positive

tUMD 1, QuickWhistles 2

Always look on the bright side of death,
doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo doo-doo-doo
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo doo-doo-doo
Life's a piece of s***,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke. It's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.


It's an interesting season. We've set the school record for shutout minutes... both for and against. There was awhile where I wasn't sure if we were going to score in this game, either, which would put every single player on the Bulldogs On Notice, and it would have been so depressing to have to do that. As it is, My Guy MacGregor Sharp is the ONLY Bulldog NOT On Notice of any kind. I... don't even want to do The Numbers right now. Well, I will update them partially.

My Guys:
MacGregor Sharp: 17! (Ended our collective misery!)
Matt McKnight: 15! (Overcame his difficult circumstances to get us back on the board!)
Michael Gergen: 12 (Would be in the HSWCHA if he was not one of My Guys)
Mike Curry: 4 (ALMOST SCORED! EXCELLENT GAME!)

Freshmen:
Justin Fontaine: 11
Kyle Schmidt: 8!
Cody Danberg: 6
Rob Bordson: 4
Evan Oberg: 3
Chad Huttel: 2
Mike Montgomery: 1

Obviously, Stalock played brilliantly, as did our penalty kill, and Andrew Carroll was a one-man show. I know the effort is there, guys, I know you're trying, you're hitting pipes, the puck won't lay down, it goes to the wrong side, the refs blow the play dead when the puck is in midair, lots of things. I'm still here, still cheering for ya, still believing.

Oh yeah, and I didn't see T.J. Oshie double, triple, quadruple, quintuple OR sextuple teamed this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RWD Wrote, "I'm still here, still cheering for ya, still believing."
Hmmm, I never saw you up there this past weekend! ;p Oh well, at least you didn't have to deal with the drive back, the roads were horrid. FHG!