14 April 2006

The Century Club

Though The Century Club is normally thought of (esp. by RWD) as a game very similar to the Hour of Power, only 100 minutes instead of 60 minutes, I would also like to point out that this blog has now hit the Century Club. 100 posts!

Actually, that's pretty sad, if you think about it. This blog has been going for 590 days, and that means I've posted maybe once every 6 days. You could take into account the off-season, of course, and that would bring us to about one post every 4 2/3 days, but that still means I've been pretty darn lazy.

It's funny, because when I look back to those early days, I realize how much evolution has taken place in a pretty short time. That should be a shot in the arm for those punctuated equilibrium enthusiasts out there. Sure, my love for Evan Schwabe was well-documented, even back then, and I was already lobbying to be a color woman for the radio broadcast, but that's about it. I mean, Rhino Lining isn't even a sponsor anymore, so my counter doesn't make sense anymore. Neither is Keyport Liquor, whose question-and-answer format for advertisement was a source of unending entertainment (Who's the black private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks? Keyport Liquor!). The features were different: I paid attention to the polls (I guess it was a heck of a lot more relevant last season), I kept track of the penalty leaders on our team, and I had the Hater Report (shhh! Don't tell Satnu!) going.

I think right now, RWD is right where I want it to be as far as development. Since there is no NBDP (National Blog Development Program), I've been going at this blindly. I think I've finally found my voice as a blogger, and that's probably most of the reason why I'm now actually, you know, telling people who do not share genes with me about this site. I like what I'm doing here, and even though some people might not, I'm cool with that.

When I started RWD, I don't think any of the other college hockey blogs I currently read existed. I'm not saying this because I want to feel special or fancy or anything; I certainly didn't have an original idea when I decided to start this thing. I like things how they are now, especially now that there is a blogger for every WCHA team. I would expect nothing less from the best conference in college hockey. Once the season gets started again, I'll probably check out the blogs from non-WCHA teams, or maybe I'll make that my summer reading, who knows?

Here's hoping the next 100 posts are much better than the first.

(It should be noted here that I have never, ever been a member of The Century Club. As for the Hour of Power, well... never mind.)

No comments: