11 November 2005

A Teaching Moment

Well, you can't win them all. After last weekend, maybe I got a little excited, maybe a little ahead of myself. However, I knew that something like this could happen.
And yet, I am darn proud of the 'Dogs tonight. 2 Power Play goals? Coming back to within 1 with a chance to tie, when they were down 2-0 2:14 into the game? Killing off 7 of 8 penalties? This was a team that started out totally disorganized and then found themselves midway through the game. Only a few weeks ago, this team was starting out disorganized and then deteriorating as they got behind. They have matured, they're pulling it together, and playing hard. I am pleased with the effort tonight (although the defensive effort could have been better...)
I tend to believe the 'Dogs are one of the best conditioned teams around, and they will be able to skate with, or even outskate the Fighting Sioux tomorrow night. And I'll be there to see it!

LET'S GO 'DOGS!!!

No comments: