08 February 2006

I Love It When I'm Right (Which, FYI, is constantly)

I was really excited to post right away about the awesomeness of Saturday night (!), but then Air Bud was on, and I had to watch it. And record it on my DVR and watch it over and over again.

Okay, maybe not.

Business first: A big thanks to the 2 great folks who linked to me. When (if???) I get the new site up and running, I will have actual links, but for now, I'm just going to have to post them here.

Drop The Puck! is the latest news and analysis from way up there in Anchorage, Alaska. Except he calls snowmobiles, "snowmachines." HAH!

Full DECC sometimes talks about the Bulldogs, but he also discusses high school hockey and random other stuff. Plus, he recently got engaged! Mazel Tov!

Now back to your regularly scheduled hockey talk.
Bad news first: Friday night.

Friday night started out okay. I even got to listen to the game (w00t!), and I made some notes, but they seem to have disappeared amongst the rest of my mixed-up files. Okay, Gergy goes down with the old checking from behind b.s., not very happy about that (but I still love you!!!! I promise!!!!), oh crap, 5 minute major to kill off. But THEN, the BADGERS take a penalty and effectively kill off their power play. Maybe they scored on the 4X4, but that's okay. WE DIDN'T GIVE UP A POWER PLAY GOAL!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! GO PENALTY KILL!!!!!!!! And then Sharpy scored less than 3 minutes later! Later on, after Robbie Earl-Louganis scored (the eventual game winner), Nick Kemp scored! Yeah! Timely goals! Nothing can keep us down! Woo! We left the 2nd period feeling like the game was within reach. And then the third period. The craziness, the weirdness, the scoring of two goals by Ben Street, Jim Jensen and Jack Skille dropping the gloves and not getting fighting majors, a bunch of crap. I thought, "Oh brother, was my prediction wrong? How can we salvage this weekend? Woe is me!"

Why would I ever doubt myself?

And now, the good news: Saturday night. Saturday night I was unable to listen until the postgame show, which UMDDogz turned at the party we were at. It didn't sound like we had won, so I went back to paying attention to the chocolate fountain (or something), and then all of a sudden, he says, "They won!" What? Won? A game? Against Wisconsin? WOO HOO! Of course the 'Dogs would come through for me, and get up for Wisconsin. WOOO HOOO!!!! THREE POWER PLAY GOALS!!!! Nick Kemp is on fire!!! Isaac Reichmuth even got a point! I am so excited!!! Why couldn't I have listened to the game??!!?!?! Curse you, Horrible Job!

Now, riddle me this? What do you get when you combine getting off work at 5 on Friday, and having Saturday off?

A bye weekend. I can actually listen to both games, and there are no games to listen to! And after that... well, 1 win does not a win streak make.

Bah. Time for laundry. And more Air Bud!

No comments: