12 January 2010

Accolades

I know, I know, no game recap from Saturday. It's Tuesday and I've practically forgotten what happened, and I have a bunch of other stuff to get to, so there's not going to be one.

This week in the WCHA
, Mike Connolly is co-Player of the Week. I'm not an uber-homer like Brad Schlossman, so I WILL use the co- qualifier, as Mike shared the honor with Jason Gregoire of North Dakota. Mike had two goals and three assists last weekend and is coming on strong. Obviously being part of the BI-MON-SCI-FI-CON line has helped bring his stats up where they belonged, but he's also been kicking all kinds of badonkadonk all over the rink.

I think that's important, of course, but here's what I think is more important. Kenny Reiter was nominated for defensive player of the week! I think he should have won, and not just because Garrett Raboin's dad is the epitome of everything wrong with America, but because scoring on Michigan Tech is like shooting fish in a barrel. Kenny led tUMD to a sweep of a ranked team. Raboin got some power play points against the worst PK in the country. Anyway, who cares? Bottom line: I think Kenny has done a fantastic job lately and he deserves any recognition that comes his way.

Stay tuned because there's going to be some awesomeness this week, including a new weekly guest column and a feature-length article!

Numbers
Wins until we reach last season's total: DONE!! (FANFARE! POMP AND CIRCUMSTANCE!)
Points until we reach last season's total: 6! (Will be taken care of soon!)

My Guys
Jack Connolly: 33!! (AMAZING! Look out, James Marcou!)
Brady Lamb: 12!
Mike Seidel: 8

Freshmen
Dylan Olsen: 9
Mike Seidel: 8
Wade Bergman: 2
Keegan Flaherty: 2
Dan Delisle: 1
Jake Hendrickson: 1
Drew Olson: 1

Connollys
Jacky: 33!
Mikey: 24!

Olsen/Olson
Drew: 1
Dylan: 9

Drews
Olson: 10
Akins: 30!

On Notice
Dan Delisle
Keegan Flaherty
Dylan Olsen
Drew Olson

Goals Only
Jordan Fulton
Chad Huttel
Scott Kishel
Mike Montgomery
Mike Seidel

No comments: