17 December 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods

tUMD 6, Broken Down Chevy 3

Do I really have to do this? I mean, does anyone care?

Saturday home games usually involve the same ritual. I wake up somewhere uncomfortable after getting a terrible night's sleep. Some college football is watched. Signs are made. Biddco and I have to listen to the same songs: Party in the USA, You Belong To Me, I'm On A Boat, I'm In A Box (which is a parody of On A Boat involving Balloon Boy), and Single Ladies. Some of those are interchangeable but if I haven't heard Party in the USA about six times by the time we head out for dinner, then I'm not fully ready for game time.

This weekend I was sitting in my living room trying to cram as much information about backflush costing (NOT EVEN ON THE EXAM! NOT EVEN MENTIONED! WHAT A WASTE!) as possible into my brain. I got an A in the class. Guess it was worth it. Unlike when I missed celebrating the Final Five win. Bleah.

So I had to sit at home, B2 feed on the big screen, chat room with my family, chat room for the Duluth News Tribune, USCHO game thread, tPB thread, Twitter... Yeah, there's a lot going on.

Wade Bergman got his first goal that counted! (We all know he actually scored his first goal against the Gophers, but that's fine.) And then My Jacky scored, getting Team Cougar on the board for the night (well in that game, as Malcolm Gwilliam had already done so in the MTU-UMTC game), and then Tyler Ruegsegger scored and then Oleksuk and then FINALLY we could all breathe.

In the 2nd period we all went to a dark place of which we will not speak.

Some time in the first 9 minutes of the 3rd period I said something about how I had not heard Kyle Schmidt's name much and that I was ready for him to score a goal. ONCE AGAIN you can give me the 3rd assist on his goal because I TOTALLY CALLED IT. I am sure I have outlined this gift of mine but for those of you who don't know, when I make a call, IT HAPPENS. For example, once when I was away at school, I called my ex-boyfriend and he happened to be at a Twins game. Torii Hunter was up and I said "Tell Torii Hunter to hit a home run," AND HE TOTALLY DID IN THAT AT BAT. If that doesn't convince you, I was at a Twins-Yankees playoff game and as they were doing the starting lineups they announced Henry Blanco (this was the year Baby Jeebus was injured in, like, the second game of the year) and I cheered like crazy and everyone looked at me like I was nuts and then HE HIT A HOMERUN THAT LANDED LIKE THREE ROWS IN FRONT OF ME and then everyone in the section thought I was a genius.

Then My Jacky scored AGAIN and then Rob Bordson FINALLY got himself Off Notice-Goals Only and then Gwoz pulled Chevy (because did it even matter) and I yelled GIVE THE PUCK TO JACKY!!!! as a hat trick nets a LOT of points in fantasy hockey and I am always mindful of that. Alas. No empty net goals were obtained.

I realize this is a terrible recap but I had to at least get something in the books. AND NOW THE AGONIZING BREAK IS UPON US.

Numbers
Wins until we reach last season's total: 2! (Just as I asked!)
Points until we reach last season's total: 10! (Goin' down down down down down!)

My Guys
Jack Connolly: 26! (Wish it had been 27, but I'll take it!)
Brady Lamb: 8
Mike Seidel: 8!

Freshmen
Dylan Olsen: 9
Mike Seidel: 7
Wade Bergman: 2!
Keegan Flaherty: 2
Dan Delisle: 1
Jake Hendrickson: 1
Drew Olson: 1

Connollys
Jacky: 26!
Mikey: 19!

Olsen/Olson
Drew: 1
Dylan: 9

Drews
Olson: 10
Akins: 15

On Notice
Cody Danberg
Dan Delisle
Keegan Flaherty
Chad Huttel
Scott Kishel
Brady Lamb
Drew Olson

Goals Only
Jordan Fulton
Dylan Olsen
Mike Seidel

1 comment:

vizoroo said...

I would have let you skip this one. :-{

But Tyler Ruegsegger did become a member of DU's Century Club--100 career points. Your fave, Rhett Rakhshani, made it last year.

One week down in the Holiday break--yea!

Now I'm going to read your musings in Puck Daddy