16 January 2009

No Use For A Title

tUMD 3, WCHA Wanna-bes 2

Yay! We won! Hooray! I didn't drive up here for nothing!!! Glorious!

It's late, and I'm tired and have to be up early to see tUMD's freshman class of 2020 skate around without regard for rules or regulations. It will be thrilling from start to finish.

But so many things happened!

#1!!!!! Jacky got a goal!!! Did I NOT say in last weekend's Numbers that I was expecting a goal out of him??? My powers of prognostication are unparalleled. Eee!

#2!!!!!!!! And it's #2 because Gergy scored 2 goals! Hooray! I was so happy. I wanted to see him get 3. I would not have thrown my hat because it was cloth and would have landed on someone 2 rows ahead of me.

#3!!!!!!!! Oleksuk and Kishel got their first points! SO awesome. Can't wait for Scott to be a real force on our power play and Travis to be a nightmare to opposing goalies!

#4 Montesaurus took his first penalty ever. Weird. I was hoping it would be something more exciting, like just blowing a guy away or something.

The second period was not pleasing to me, but the guys really stepped it up and, thanks to a waved-off goal, dominated the 3rd period. I am hoping that tomorrow night's game will be a rout of those dirty Beavers and they will leave scratching their heads about why exactly they want to be in the WCHA again?

The Numbers
Wins until we equal last season's total: 4 (Non-con... for now)
Points until we equal last season's total: 8 (Non-con... for always, I hope!)

My Guys
MacGregor Sharp: 21
Jack Connolly: 15!
Michael Gergen: 10!
Rob Bordson: 0

Freshmen
Mike Connolly: 18
Jack Connolly: 15!
Scott Kishel: 1!
Travis Oleksuk: 1!
David Grun: 0
Brady Lamb: 0

On Notice:
Rob Bordson
Jay Cascalenda
Jordy Fulton
Matt Greer
Nick Kemp
Josh Meyers
Alex Stalock

Goals Only
Andrew Carroll
Cody Danberg
Mike Montgomery
Trent Palm
Kyle Schmidt
MacGregor Sharp

No comments: