It's all a question of momentum.
The season's almost here. It's breathing hot, stinky dog breath down our necks, like Fluffy in Harry Potter.
But man, is it ever boring writing about... nothing. Seriously, nothing. NOTHINGGGG!!!! Zip. Zero. Stingy with dinero. Let's tick the facts off on our fingers:
- No one left early for the pros.
- I don't have insider access to the team, so I'm not getting a sneak peek at anything.
- Other people have already done season previews for the team and the league. Better than I could ever do.
- No one ran anyone down with an SUV.
- It's just been too... freaking... long.
What? Where am I going here? Stop being a nerd!
So, I guess good stuff happened these past few months. Sandelin's contract was renewed (as was mine!). Hard Charger Andrew Carroll and RWD Favorite Matt McKnight are captains. And Bill Watson will be giving PowerPoint briefs on How To Be As Awesome As Bill Watson. Topics will include (Ooh, more Fun With Formatting!):
- Winning A Hobey Baker
- Scoring A Sick 1.94 Points Per Game
- Knock Hockey Strategies
- Surviving Quadruple Overtime
- Mustache Cultivation
- How To Succeed In Hockey Even Though You're Playing For The Bulldogs